DICKIE DIED A TEENAGER

Chi Chi was my after school friend who lived a couple of blocks down from our apartment building.  We would sit on her front porch and have snacks and sodas in the late afternoon.  Her brother was Dickie and he was a teenager in high school.  He always made a fuss over his little sister and she looked up to him.  And he was so handsome and polite.  I always wished I had a big brother like him, but that could never happen because I was the eldest.

One day after school my parents told me that there had been a bad accide
nt.  Four teenagers in a car were hit by a train at a level crossing.  They were all killed and Dickie was one of them. 

I went to Chi Chi's house and we sat on the front porch and sobbed and cried for a long time that afternoon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CATS AND CIGARETTES

YOU TRIED TO KILL ME BUT I DIDN'T DIE

FIRST MEMORIES