My new sister...

My new sister arrived when I was almost 2 years old.  I felt so much love for her and have loved her ever since.

My manipulative mother tried to get me to hate my sister but it didn't work.  My mother would constantly praise my sister as being such a good baby, who ate well and slept well.  Unlike myself who had been a very big complainer, crying all the time and not sleeping.  Abortion pill side effects?  Very possible.

As my sister grew I could see that both my parents were physically abusive to her and I would try to love and protect her till the day I died.  My father never hit me once in my life.  I always wondered why he hit my sister on a regular basis.  My mother's idea was that my sister just wanted attention and would push his buttons for that reason.  In my mother's world, even negative attention was good.  We are talking about one of the biggest attention seekers that I have ever known, after all.

My sister was a very active and curious toddler.  She was not careful of dangers the way I was.  In my childhood I was pretty sure that my purpose in life was to keep my sister safe and out of danger.  My parents didn't really seem to have a care.  They were too busy drinking, smoking, partying, playing cards all night and "Going Dancing". 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CATS AND CIGARETTES

YOU TRIED TO KILL ME BUT I DIDN'T DIE

FIRST MEMORIES