WHERE BABIES COME FROM

It was a backyard playtime afternoon when I was about 6 years old that I learned where babies came from.  I was playing with a neighborhood friend who was maybe two years older than I.  She seemed to think she knew everything.  She explained to me her own unbelievable theory about how babies come into the world.  Something involving the belly button and not the vagina at all.  I had witnessed my cousin's dog giving birth to a litter of pups and was not to be conned.

My guess was that the belly button version, just like the stork, was her mother's cleaned up version of a baby's entry into the world.  At the first opportunity I got myself to the library and confirmed what I already knew.  The library, unlike my neighbor friends, was something I could always trust and rely on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CATS AND CIGARETTES

YOU TRIED TO KILL ME BUT I DIDN'T DIE

FIRST MEMORIES