BITING OF THE FIST

When a person flies into a rage and bites their fist psychologists call this attention seeking behavior.  When a person bites their fist in anger in front of a child it is a terrorist tactic.  My mother was an attention seeking terrorist, plain and simple.

If an adult were to slap a child across the face really hard, that would be abuse.  Child abuse is terror inducing soul assassination.

I was more like my father than my two sisters and mother.  While those three were chatty and noisy, we were quiet and reserved.  While they would fly into rages and fits of anger, we would silently smoke and avoid conflict, resorting to sarcasm and passive aggressiveness.  I believe passive aggressive behavior to be a form of self protection.  In my later adult years I have become more objectively confrontational and I have even given other people lessons on setting boundaries, etc.

My mother slapped me hard in the face two or three times that I remember.  Each time she slapped me when I made an observation and spoke the truth.  One time was when I saw her sweeping dirt out of the bedsheets at the farm and I made a remark about how dirty the bed was.  Another time at the dinner table when I was 8 or 9 years old and she was bloviating on and on about how great she was as usual, marriage, kids, etc.  While she was on this narcissistic rant I did some math in my head and observed out loud that she must have "been pregnant for me" at her "shotgun wedding" because I was born seven months to the day after the wedding.  She slapped me hard across the face at the dinner table and my father did nothing.  Not a very good parental role model to my younger siblings.

After the last face slapping incident our relationship, such as it was, deteriorated even further and I stayed away from my mother as much as possible.  I felt that I was a big problem for her.  A threat.  I felt that she wanted me dead.  She never slapped any of my siblings in the FACE!

Now when I take photos or selfies, my "good side" is the side I was slapped on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CATS AND CIGARETTES

YOU TRIED TO KILL ME BUT I DIDN'T DIE

FIRST MEMORIES